Coaching the Counselor Salesperson
The ABCs of Coaching
The sales function is a key source of competitive advantage for organizations—and there’s no place where competition is more intense. As the importance of sales in organizations expands, having a highly effective salesforce and a consistent developmental approach to sales management are absolute necessities. The ability of sales managers to develop their salespeople has a significant impact on sales team success and revenue results. Consequently, the development of sales managers is a critical success factor for enhanced sales productivity.
Coaching the Counselor Salesperson (CCSP) is a flexible, modular program that provides sales managers with the skills they need to ensure the ongoing success and development of the salesperson. This capability:
- Provides an understanding of Wilson Learning’s The Counselor Salesperson (CSP) concepts and principles.
- Offers managers a coaching process—The ABCs of Coaching—that includes a feedback framework (coaching conversations) for developing a team of top-performing salespeople.
- Provides managers with practice and experience coaching to real-life sales situations.
Used in conjunction with The Counselor Salesperson, CCSP creates a high performance sales system.
Coaching the Counselor Salesperson helps sales leaders understand the importance of and their role in coaching—specifically, coaching to CSP skills. They are able to see how they can impact performance through their efforts. CCSP provides the skills and tools they need to coach their salespeople, which will improve and stretch the performance of their entire sales team.
Wilson Learning believes that learning is only effective when it transfers to day-to-day work practices. To achieve this, Coaching the Counselor Salesperson includes components and activities that enhance:
Participant Readiness: Prepares sales managers for the overall learning experience
- Pre-workshop webcast sets the learning context.
Learning Design: Embeds practice and use of new skills in the learning design. The learning can be flexibly delivered as a:
- Two- or one-day face-to-face application-oriented workshop
- Blended solution (with CSP e-learning content followed by the face-to-face coaching session)
- Configured solution based on your organization’s needs
As a workshop component, CCSP can be taught by a Wilson Learning facilitator, or by an organization’s own leader-trained in-house professional.
Organizational Alignment: Ensures that the organization supports the use of the new skills
- The Counselor Salesperson: Coaching Playbook provides turnkey actions to help sales managers coach to CSP skills.
- CCSP utilizes the post-learning reinforcement resources available to salespeople after attending CSP.
As a result, CSP becomes part of your organization’s selling practices, which benefits customers and increases productivity.
Enabling Improved Performance
The Coaching the Counselor Salesperson program features various application, reinforcement, and support tools. These additional learning components—tools for communicating expectations and observing behaviors, coaching guides, etc.—ensure that sales managers can hone newly acquired coaching skills and behaviors upon returning to work.
Organizations that implement the Coaching the Counselor Salesperson program also have access to measurement and impact evaluation tools.
Wilson Learning will partner with your organization to measure the initial behavioral changes and business results. Our common interest is to make sure your Coaching the Counselor Salesperson program delivers the results you seek. We are committed to helping you succeed, and we will work with you to set up measurement systems to help move desired change forward and sustain the momentum of your implementation.
This offering, like all others from Wilson Learning, can be customized to reflect your sales environment and business priorities, and can be integrated with your sales process.