Business Acumen (Australia | New Zealand only)
Business Acumen Learning Outcomes
Understanding how a business operates and getting a handle on financial reporting can be a challenge – more than 75% of people (from the shop floor through to senior management) state they lack confidence in understanding financial indicators and concepts. Many of us are tasked daily with making tough decisions relating to pricing, research, product development, marketing, Human Resources and administration policies. People need to be aware of the impact of their decisions on the company’s bottom line.
Business Acumen (BA) provides the knowledge leaders and employees need to drive strategic priorities through understanding the “business” of business. Outperform the competition and help your people make smarter decisions for long term business value.
Participants simulate four years of business management: planning, operations, finance and people development. At the end of each year they complete full balance sheet and profit and loss statements. A short analysis session is also conducted, followed by immediate application exercise. Teams make decisions that every CEO / business owner will make e.g. how to price products, which customers and markets to compete for, how much stock to buy and how to pay suppliers.
The Business Acumen Showcase is a hands-on, engaging and powerful business simulation where multi-functional teams compete to outperform each other through creating profit and value, while maintaining levels of cash flow. In this simulation participants will:
- Gain a “big picture” understanding of the business and how to interpret financial statements
- Analyze how cash flow and financial success are impacted by their decisions
- Build financial confidence when working with people at all at levels
- Identify ways to continually improve organizational performance and increase overall productivity
This simulation workshop is ideal for people of all levels looking to upskill on financial acumen and can be customized to meet individual business needs.
The Business Acumen Showcase Event is an ideal low risk assessment opportunity for:
- Anyone from Business Owners, Leaders, HR or Training Managers who are looking for a workshop to address business acumen skills gaps
- Sales Leaders who require business acumen to sell to the C-Suite
- Employees needing to understand the “business” of business to be more effective in their roles
Business Acumen is a half-full day instructor-led workshop facilitated by Wilson Learning or Ignite Purpose leader-trained professionals. This enables:
- Face-to-face interaction among the participants and with the facilitator
- True-to-life skills practice with immediate in-person feedback
- The opportunity for real-time commitment to action
Enabling Improved Performance
Business Acumen uses the Communication Planner and Job Aid Card so the participants can fine-tune and apply new skills and behaviors on the job. Involving management for support and coaching is important for successful implementation.
In some cases, additional individual coaching may be a useful option.
Measurement and Evaluation
Organizations that implement Business Acumen have access to a range of tools to measure initial behavioral changes and business results.
To learn more about measuring the impact of learning, visit Measurement and Evaluation Services.